Test

How can there be so many bloggers out here and I get alzheimers when I try to use this???

Friday, April 14, 2006

Most Wonderful Time

I don't know why it is that at Christmas-time they say "It's the most wonderful time of the year". I think right now is a pretty good time of the year. At least it is here in Massachusetts. Even the folks who go to Florida for the winter are starting to come back home now. It's so beautiful. It's not so hot that your clothes stick to you and it's not so cold that you have to be all bundled up in coats and gloves. You can wake up in the morning with a little chill that's just enough to wrap yourself in your blankets and feel cozy. You can get up in the morning and not dread going out into the freezing cold or overwhelming heat. The part that I really like is when I leave for work in the morning. When I walk out my front door I have the view of a big swamp in front of me and a pond to the left. I'm getting anxious because it won't be long before the lily pads start growing in the swamp. I don't know why but I've always had a fascination with lily pads. They just seem to make me happy. In the pond we have ducks, geese and last year we had 2 swans. This year there is only one swan. I did see two of them one day though. I guess swans are pretty mean but when I see them swimming around in the pond in the morning it's a real peaceful feeling. I think I could just stand there and watch the swans, ducks and geese all day. Unfortunately I can't though, somebody has to go to work and that would be me. I don't know what it is about water that has such a calming affect on the body or the mind. I love to watch the ocean and hear the tide crashing in and out. My swamp and pond don't crash in and out, they just glisten. When I go out I see all the flowers that are just starting to bloom. Right now the daffodils are blooming. Daffodils are another thing that make me happy. I think it might be that everything is fresh and new. Maybe it's just the fact that a new season is starting, after all there is nothing as fresh and new as the first snow fall. Either way, in my mind, right here, right now is the most wonderful time of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home